Download Evolve College Policies, Information & Forms
Fees, charges and refunds:
Course cancellations and extensions:
Student materials and support:
Student Education Support and Admin Support Procedure
Student Records Access Form (please contact the College on 1300 880 885 to enquire about access to Student Records)
Complaints and appeals:
National Recognition and RPL:
RPL Application Form*
*Please note that Evolve College welcomes applications for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact us on 1300 880 885 for further information.
Student other policies:
Student Massage Clinics:
Please Note: It is the student’s responsibility to ensure all College Policies outlined here, in the Student Enrolment Agreement and the Student Handbook are clearly understood and agreed with before enrolling or re-enrolling.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SOME OF OUR POLICIES
A brief overview of a sample of Evolve College's Policies and Procedures is provided. The specific policies and forms can be downloaded using the links provided above or accessed by contacting our Administration Team on 1300 880 885 (Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm AEST/ADST) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees or an approved application for a VET Student Loan must accompany an enrolment.
- Students can enrol by calling the Course Enrolment Line on 1300 880 885. An enrolment form is required to be completed.
- Students are required to sign and agree to the Student Agreement as part of their enrolment.
- Students must be 18 years of age or over on commencement of their studies.
- A minimum of Year 10 or equivalent English is required to study the course/s offered by Evolve College. In addition, if you are studying a VET Student Loans approved course (HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage) further eligibility requirements apply. See our Diploma of Remedial Massage page, and click on the orange questions towards the end of the page - see section A, questions 2, 3 and 4, in particular.
- As part of enrolment, students may be required to undertake a Literacy, Language and Numeracy exercise which is a questionnaire which ascertains their relevant level. Support is available. If you need support, please contact our Administrative Team on 1300 880 885 (Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm AEST/ADST) or by email at email@example.com
Language literacy & numeracy
- Evolve College understands that all students are individuals with different life experiences and literacy and numeracy skills vary.
- Evolve College recognises that reading, writing, listening, speaking and understanding mathematical concepts and processes are integral skills required for work and are therefore an important component of training.
- Evolve College encourages students with Language Literacy or Numeracy concerns to discuss this with our Student Services Team. A range of support services can be provided for the student upon request.
- Evolve College applies access and equity principles and will provide information, advice and support services to assist students to identify and achieve their desired outcomes.
- Evolve College fosters equality and access in a training environment that is fair and conducive to learning at all levels. This means that all of our students are entitled to the best possible training delivery.
- It is unlawful to discriminate on the basis of the following attributes: ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, religious belief, sexual orientation, physical or intellectual impairment, or personal association. Evolve College is a no-discrimination College and each and every student is welcomed and supported in the way most needed for their development and learning.
- All Evolve College staff and Trainers and Assessors are required to have an awareness and understanding of access and equity issues and are required to demonstrate access and equity principles in all dealings with students.
- If a student believes they have been treated unfairly by an Evolve College staff member, Trainer and Assessor or representative, they can contact our Student Services Team or submit a complaint using the form provided.
Language literacy & numeracy testing
- Evolve College uses The Learning Resources Group Department of Education-approved LLN tool, to test and assess Language Literacy and Numeracy. Where relevant, applicants for enrolment will be sent a link to this tool, to complete a LLN test, if required for their admission.
- Evolve College ensures excellence in teaching standards through its selection of highly qualified and experienced Trainers and Assessors who are committed to Evolve College raising and setting the standards of massage therapy and its education.
- All Trainers and Assessors have extensive clinical experience and currency in the massage industry. Trainers maintain their currency through rigorous professional development in vocational training and assessment in order to teach and assess both the HLT42015 Certificate in Massage Therapy and the HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage. All Trainers and Assessors also hold the minimum required Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification or its equivalent.
- The Student Services department is responsible for the care of students and helps with all aspects of their welfare, including career advice, study skills counselling, academic issues such as course planning, Centrelink and Austudy details and other study-related issues, where relevant to your chosen course.
- Where possible, a range of support services or appropriate referrals will be provided to participants with special needs. Reasonable adjustment can also be made for students with special needs. We tailor our training and assessment to meet special needs and know how to do this without compromising the rigour of training and assessment. If you have any special needs you would like to discuss with us, please call our Administration Team on 1300 880 885 (Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm AEST/ADST) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) & National Recognition
- Evolve College welcomes applications for RPL or National Recognition.
- Applications for RPL may only be made on the RPL Application form and must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee. Details of the RPL process and requirements to be awarded RPL, are outlined in our RPL Candidate’s Kit. To obtain the kit, please contact our Administration Team on 1300 880 885 (Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm AEST/ADST) or by email at email@example.com.
- The RPL application form must be adhered to when making an application to the RPL assessor. The assessment will be based on evidence provided including formal training in a university course or training in a similar course at a similar college/institution and/or evidence of relevant industry experience.
- The RPL Application asks you to list your details, including an overview of your experience and which unit(s) of competency you are applying for RPL for. This should be accompanied by a completed Self-Assessment Form, in relation to unit(s) you are seeking RPL for, which gives you an opportunity to outline your previous study and/or experience as relevant to your application. You should attach as much evidence as you can. Details are given in the RPL Candidate's Kit.
- All material submitted must be in accordance with the RPL Candidate’s Kit. The RPL Assessor considers and reviews all material submitted, and conducts an interview with the candidate to find out any further information required, or request further documentation. The RPL Assessor will also verify the evidence submitted. Upon reaching a final determination, the RPL Assessor advises the applicant as to the outcome of their RPL application. There is a fee payable per unit assessed, which is outlined in the RPL Candidate's Kit.
- If the RPL Application is successful the student will be awarded recognition for the relevant unit/subject. Full, partial or no recognition may be awarded, at the RPL Assessor’s discretion. If partial recognition or no recognition is awarded for a particular unit/subject, further training will be required to fulfil the requirements of the unit/subject. Your RPL Assessor can guide you through this.
- Evolve College will recognise qualifications and statements of attainment awarded by any Registered Training Organisation throughout Australia.
- Automatic credit transfer (National Recognition) applies to identical units of competency. National Recognition may be granted for one or more units, and applies to the attainment of whole, identical units of competency only.
- If you have previously completed unit(s) or courses which may be considered equivalent, but the units are not identical to those within the course you are enrolling in with Evolve College, then you should seek to apply for RPL (not National Recognition).
- Fees are not applicable to course credit (National Recognition).
- An applicant for National Recognition must complete the National Recognition Application form (link below).
- Evidence required includes certified copies of the following document(s), certified by a person authorised to witness the swearing of a statutory declaration in Australia:
• your Statement of Attainment; and
• your qualification (testamur)
- Evolve College will verify evidence prior to acceptance of recognition. The student will be notified of the result of the assessment.
- If you would like to know more about the RPL or National Recognition process, please call us on 1300 880 885 (Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm AEST/ADST) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assessment for all subjects is compulsory, as set out in the course.
- Subjects are assessed by way of assessment activities. Assessment activities may include such things as oral and written assignments and reports, practical demonstrations, roleplays, case studies, work samples such as clinic log books and reports, multiple choice questions and, for massage courses, professional massage treatments.
- Details of the required assessment activities are provided with each subject course materials and in the Evolve Assessment Hub.
- For further information on assessments, check the Student Handbook, the Student Portal and the Evolve Hub or contact one of our course advisors on 1300 880 885 (Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm AEST/ADST) or by email at email@example.com
- If upon completion of an assessment a student is found by an Evolve College Assessor to have an unsatisfactory result then a resubmission or re-sit for each applicable assessment is required. Up to 2 resubmissions are allowed for each assessment activity before you must defer and re-enrol to repeat the subject in the next intake. In the case of an unsatisfactory assessment, you will be provided with feedback from your Assessor indicating the areas that were found to be unsatisfactory. You will be reassessed on all of the areas indicated by the Assessor as requiring re-assessment and upon completion will be provided with your results and feedback. A fee is payable for a second reassessment of practical assessments as per the Administration Fee Schedule a copy of which can be downloaded below.
- Resitting or Resubmitting an assessment as part of a Massage Practice Class will incur a fee of $200.
- Students are required to submit an assessment task at least every 2 weeks. Students will be contacted if they fail to submit an assessment task within 4 weeks or fail to contact Student Services to discuss their situation and options including study assistance ideas, deferral, extension or withdrawal. Students enrolled in a VET Student Loans approved course must meet all progression and engagement requirements. See our Diploma of Remedial Massage page for more information.
- Where applicable and requested, a Statement of Attainment will be awarded on completion of a unit of competency, subject to completion of all applicable requirements of that unit of competency.
- A Qualification Certificate and an official Record of Results (Academic Transcript) will be awarded on successful completion of each course.
- Fees apply to re-issue of a copy of a Certificate, Statement of Attainment or Academic Transcript, as per the Administrative Fee Schedule, available for download on this policies page.
Massage Practice Classes and Student Clinics
- All students enrolled in a Massage course are required to attend Massage Practice classes scheduled at a training centre of their choice. The Massage Practice classes includes various practical assessments and activities such as: demonstrations, role plays and clinic practice in a working clinic environment with interaction between the general public and other students. The Evolve College Student Clinic allows for assessment of a student’s knowledge and skills in the practical components of the course.
- It is the student’s responsibility to organise and attend the Massage Practice Classes which may involve a travel commitment (noting that travel and accommodation are at the student’s own expense).
- Both on-campus and off-campus (correspondence) students attend the Massage Practice Classes and attend Student Clinics on campus for both HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy and the HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage. Both qualifications also incorporate a supervised clinical hours component that can be completed via the Virtual Clinic or by optional on-campus attendance.
The HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage Massage Practice Program campus attendance consists of:
1 x 2 day Massage Practice 1 class
1 x 2 day Massage Practice 2 class
5 x 2 day Student Clinics
The HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Massage Practice Program campus attendance consists of:
1 x 2 day Massage Practice 1 class
2 x 2 day Student Clinics
- For more details see the Student Handbook (link above).
- Students enrolled in a Massage or Counselling course must not charge money for their services before obtaining the minimum qualification offered by Evolve College for their chosen discipline. If the student is studying the HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage, they may not charge for remedial massage treatments until they have graduated from the Diploma, even if they have obtained the HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy.
- Students should be aware that if they charge money while practising skills before completion of the course, they will be contravening Evolve College policy, and they may be risking claims for damages against them if complications arise. Should this eventuate they will incur the entire liability personally and Evolve College will not accept any liability whatsoever.
Working with children
- Students must not perform any clinical hours on children under the age of 18 years of age. Note that this is because strict laws apply to working with children, including the obtaining of relevant working with children checks.
- Students at Evolve College are expected to maintain the highest standards of academic conduct. Evolve College appreciates that most students conduct themselves with integrity and are disturbed when they observe others cheating. Evolve College provides information in the Student Handbook to assist students in avoiding unintentional plagiarism and/or cheating.
- Academic misconduct is considered a serious offence at Evolve College. Students who have been deemed to intentionally plagiarise/cheat, may have their enrolment and student status suspended or cancelled.
Course material & timetable
- Evolve College reserves the right to substitute or credit any textbooks /e-textbooks or course materials at any time, without notice, should they become unavailable, or go out of print.
- Evolve College reserves the right at its sole discretion and without notice to amend timetables or course structure or content where it would be advantageous for student learning.
- Evolve College reserves the right to alter any aspect of the curriculum at any time to reflect the changing needs of the profession, and to retain leadership in academic standards, and/or to meet changing requirements under the Training Package.
- The Government requires us to collect certain personal information from students and provide it to the Student Identifiers Registrar and/or NCVER. This includes a Unique Student Identifier number (USI) and other AVETMISS data.
- Personal information collected may include, but is not limited to name, address, date of birth and other identifying information, as well as information in relation to your study.