13 Sports Massage
HLTMSG006 Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
Sports Massage introduces the knowledge and skills underlying sports massage treatments.
Students will learn definitions, descriptions and direction for the applications and uses of the most common sports massage methods. The student will be able to understand both why and where sports massage methods are used, as well as how to organise a process that uses the various massage approaches efficiently. Students will benefit from being introduced to significant time-saving massage strokes and techniques.
Summary of Content
- Dynamics of Sports Massage
- Dynamics of Pain
- Review of Contraindications
- Fundamental Elements of Massage
- Sports Massage Strokes
- Sports Massage Techniques
- Common Musculoskeletal Injuries and associated Treatment Procedures
- Pre-event, Inter-event & Post-event Massage