Lower Fees, Local Skills Program
The Department of Training and Workplace Development have reduced the massage course fee cost through their Jobs and Skills WA program. Eligible Western Australian residents may enrol into the HLT52021 Diploma of Remedial Massage course through the Lower Fees, Local Skills program. This is a Western Australia Government Program. Conducted on campus with practical hands on training, you will attend three classes per week under this program. Classes are run over three trimesters, with allocated holiday periods from on campus training.
Priority Industry Training
The Priority Industry Training Program operates under Jobs & Skills WA.
Under this program, Evolve College is approved to offer funding available under the Priority Industry Training Program to existing workers residing in the Perth Region. To classify as an existing worker under this program, you must be employed at the time of enrolment for a minimum of 20 hours per week with a single employer. You may be employed in any field.
The course fee is the fee you pay as the student. If you meet the eligibility criteria, the total course fees for the HLT52021 Diploma of Remedial Massage as per Jobs and Skills WA Government funding available to you are as follows:
The course fee for the Diploma of Remedial Massage without concession is $2713.50 (or a maximum of $1200 per calendar year)
The course fee for the Diploma of Remedial Massage with concession is $804.00 (or a maximum of $400 per calendar year)
If you are eligible for a VET Student Loan, you may defer the course fee to a VET Student Loan – check your eligibility, and important information about the Loan, here (scroll to section 2. VET Student Loans).
*The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as Student service and resource fees.
There is a $30 resource fee that applies to your training.
The resource fee includes your Evolve College polo shirt and an oil bottle required for on-campus clinical practice.
Eligibility criteria for Government funding
To be eligible for Government funding for this course, you must:
- Reside in Perth region, Western Australia; and
- Be an existing worker: and
- Be An Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia; or
- An eligible visa holder, as outlined below.
Eligible visas include the following subclasses:
- Holders of a sub-class 309, 444, 785, 790 or 820 visa;
- Secondary holders of a temporary visa of sub-class 457 or 482 visa;
- Holders of a Bridging Visa E (sub-classes 050 and 051) where the visa holder has made a valid application for a visa of sub-class 785 or 790;
- Ukraine citizens who are holders of a visa sub-class 449 or 786;
- Afghan citizens who are holders of a visa sub-class 449; and
- Holders of a bridging visa who are eligible to work and who have made a valid application for a subclass 866.
Please note, you can only be enrolled and claim one Jobs and Skills WA subsidy at a time. If you are enrolled with another provider in a Jobs and Skills WA program, you will not be eligible for enrolment with Evolve College until you have completed or withdrawn from the course.
Eligibility for concession fee
The following categories are eligible to enrol at the concession rate:
- Persons aged between 15 – 24 who are not enrolled at school*
- Persons and dependants of persons holding:
- a Pensioner Concession Card;
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs; or
- a Health Care Card.
- Persons and dependants of persons in receipt of services from the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs:
- Workforce Australia; or
- Persons and dependants of persons in receipt of AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY.
- Persons and dependants of persons in receipt of the Youth Allowance.
- Persons and dependants of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution.
- Secondary school-aged persons, not enrolled at school.
*You do not need a valid concession card if you are aged between 15-24 and are not enrolled at school. Your course fee will be capped at the annual course fee cap for concession students.
**For Workforce Australia or the ParentsNext Program, appropriate evidence for concession eligibility is a letter from the Commonwealth services provider confirming the student’s participation.
Policies and information
For more information regarding the Lower Fees Local Skills program, visit our WA Jobs and Skills Information and Policies Page here.