If your question is not answered below please call our Administration team and experienced course advisors on 1300 880 885 and speak with a real person who's happy to help!
1. Are the fees for on-campus and correspondence study the same?
Yes. If you choose to study on-campus or by correspondence, qualification received is the same. However, Medibank Private and other private health funds require on-campus study of the HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage in order to be an approved provider and able to provide rebates. Read more on our general FAQs page. Note that a transfer from correspondence to on-campus is possible, and incurs a fee of $50 per class.
2. Are there any additional costs?
The only costs not included in the course fee are the following, which apply to the HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy and HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage course:
• HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Course - You must obtain a valid and current certificate of this first aid unit from a registered provider. We can help you identify how to do this, and further details are also in our Student Handbook.
• Massage table - You will need your massage table for practice and logbook hours during your course and of course, it will become a professional tool for you upon graduation.
• Receiving two professional massage treatments in order to write a report - This is part of your exposure to what happens in the industry and experiencing, learning from and making observations of (as a future therapist) a professional treatment, all of which is part of preparing you to be job-ready on graduation. (One professional massage treatment is required for the Certificate IV and a total of 2 treatments are required for the Diploma.)
• Other administrative fees as outlined in the Administrative Fee Schedule, as set out in the Student Handbook.
3. Can I receive Centrelink assistance?
Although Centrelink assistance will not reduce the overall fees payable, if you meet the eligibility criteria it can assist with your ongoing study. Once you've paid and enrolled into a minimum of 2 subjects in the HLT42015 or HLT52015 you can request a Proof of Enrolment letter, then apply directly through Centrelink for assistance.
Note that Evolve College does not determine whether you are eligible for Centrelink assistance. This is a matter for discussion and application between you and Centrelink. Only Centrelink can determine your eligibility for funding so contact your nearest office to discuss your application.
4. Can students from overseas study with Evolve College?
People from overseas with a valid existing visa can study on-campus with Evolve College or by correspondence, as long as their visa permits study. If you are on a visa, you are required to tell us, and to provide us with a copy of your visa. You are also required to tell us of any changes to any conditions on your visa, or your visa itself.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Evolve College does not deliver courses to anyone on a student visa as Evolve College is not registered with CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions & Courses for Overseas Students). If you are on a student visa, you should visit the CRICOS website for more information on your eligibility to study in Australia and which institutions you may study with.
5. What's Evolve College's fee policy?
Fees are payable on enrolment. Fees are also payable in accordance with the Administrative Fee Schedule, as set out in the Student Handbook. The Student Handbook contains information on course fees, and our policy on refunds and cancellations. You can also refer to our policies page for more information, in the About section of our website.